Hospitalization can be stressful for patients and their families. Occasions may arise when you need someone other than the medical or nursing staff to speak to. If you have a question, problem or concern about your stay, Delta County Memorial Hospital has a Patient Advocate available to listen and help resolve your issues.
Jackie Robirds, Patient Advocate, works with patients and their family members to make certain they are satisfied with the services provided by DCMH. She will handle your concerns in a respectful and confidential manner. If you have concerns regarding services received as an in-patient, in the emergency department or in any of the clinics associated with Delta County Memorial Hospital, please contact Jackie. She speaks on behalf of patients to department managers or the administration team with the goal of improving patient satisfaction and the quality of care provided throughout the organization. If at any time you have questions, concerns or a complaint about the care or service provided, we encourage you to promptly bring it to our attention by contacting Jackie.
We would also like to encourage you to become involved in your healthcare here at DCMH.
Here are a few tips for taking charge of your health:
1. Speak up if you have questions or concerns, and if you don't understand, ASK again. It's your body and you have the right to know.
2. Pay attention to the care you are receiving. Make sure you're getting the right treatments and medications by the right health care professionals. Don't assume anything.
3. Educate yourself about your diagnosis and the medical tests you are undergoing And make sure you understand your treatment plan.
4. Ask a trusted family member or friend to accompany you to your hospital or clinic visits. Know what medications you take and why you take them. Medication errors are the most common health care mistakes.
5. Participate in all decisions about your treatment. You are the center of the health care team.
We can't make improvements alone - we need your feedback - whether that is through patient surveys, letters, emails, or telephone calls. We encourage you to be involved in resolving issues regarding your own care, treatment and services. To express concerns, complaints and/or a grievance you can contact us via mail, e-mail, or telephone.
Jackie can be reached by calling 874-2287 or emailing email@example.com.
|1501 E. 3rd Street Delta, Colorado 81416 (970) 874-7681|